Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar will launch ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App on 7th August, 2021 at Nalanda Auditorium, Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Delhi.
Key Highlights of PM-DAKSH:
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with NeGD, has developed this portal and app to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups of Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Safai Karamcharis.
- By the virtue of this initiative the youth of the target groups will now be able to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from the year 2020-21. Under this Yojana, eligible target group are being provided skill development training programmes on
- Short Term Training Programme
- Long Term Training Programme and
- Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The scheme formulated on the year 2020-21.
- Time period over the next four years, beginning with nearly 1.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2020-21
- National Action Plan for the marginalized persons of SC, OBC, EBC, DNT, Sanitation workers including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders and other similar categories named ‘Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi’ (DAKSH) Yojana is proposed to be put in place with a multi-pronged strategy.
- To improve the all-round competency and adeptness of and 10 lakh persons of these categories
- Sponsoring Department: National Backward Classes Finance And Development Corporation
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E), caters for empowerment of the socially, educationally and economically marginalized sections of the society including SCs, OBCs, Sr. Citizens, victims of alcoholism and substances abuse, transgender persons, De-notified Tribes (DNTs), EBCs, Safai Karamcharies, Waste Pickers and Manual Scavengers.
- Most of the persons of the target group are having minimal economic assets & educationally backward also find it difficult to obtain employment; Therefore, provision of training and enhancing their competencies is essential for economic empowerment/ upliftment of these marginalized target groups
- In view of the above, there is a dire need to go beyond routine skilling and instead enhance their competency levels so a National Action Plan for the marginalized personsnamed ‘Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi’ (DAKSH) Yojana is proposed to be put Forward.
- The Yojana is proposed to be put in place with a multi-pronged strategy to improve the all-round competency and adeptness of and10 lakh persons of these categories over the next four years, beginning with nearly 1.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2020-21
National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
- Is a Govt. of India Undertaking under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- NBCFDC was incorporated under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 on 13th January 1992 as a Company not for profit
- Objective to promote economic and developmental activities for the benefit of Backward Classes and to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures.
- NBCFDC provides financial assistance through State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the State Governments/UTs.
- NBCFDC also provides Micro Financing through SCAs/ Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- The Corporation can assist a wide range of income generating activities to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures under following broad sectors:
- Agriculture and Allied Activities
- Small Business
- Artisan and Traditional Occupation
- Technical and Professional Trades/Courses
- Transport and Service Sector etc.
- The Corporation additionally facilitates skill development of poor persons belonging to OBCs, persons of Economically Backward Classes (EBCs), De-notified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Sr. Citizen, Beggars and Transgender.