Ministry of Education
Union Education Minister reviews the Digital Education initiatives of the Ministry
- The scheme was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on May 18 2020. On 31st May 2020.
- The top 100 universities were permitted to automatically start online courses via the PM eVidya scheme.
- This scheme is a part of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan the scheme launched in the hopes to boost the levels of the education sector and not let the pandemic affect the education of the students in any way.
- The finance minister also mentioned that Sawyam Prabha DTH channel would support students who do not have any access to the internet.
- Pradhan Mantri e-VIDYA is a programme that will provide multimode access to digital education. Under this scheme, many educational channels, radio podcasts, e-learning content are commencing. It will consist of:
- DIKSHA for school education in all the states/UTs
- One designated TV channel per class from class 1st to 12th
- Use of Radio, podcasts, and Community Radio
- Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired.
- Top 100 universities were allowed to conduct their online classes.
PM eVIDYA Objectives
The programme was initiated to help the teachers and students amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. It is very important to not hamper the education of a child. The nationwide lockdown was affecting the same. Not only all the students but also teachers were not well-equipped with the technology-driven amenities. They were struggling to conduct their classes via online mode. The objectives behind the launch of the scheme Prime Minister eVIDYA are as follows-
- The scheme was introduced to not let the education system suffer from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The scheme promotes digital platforms to conduct the classes via online mode.
- To deliver e-learning content for different subjects and courses.
- To prepare students for various competitive examinations
Pradhan Mantri eVIDYA Benefits
With the launch of Pradhan Mantri e-VIDYA scheme, the students and teachers were extremely benefitted. Some of the major benefits of the scheme are –
- Easy to access online classes.
- Students can attend their classes at the comfort of their homes and staying safe during the pandemic.
- A one-stop destination for education.
- Various e-learning contents were provided.
- QR-coded energized books were published for all the classes
- Special arrangements for blind and hearing-impaired students
- The students who do not have the access to internet facility can attend their classes via a DTH channel dedicated solely for educational purposes.
Implementation of PM e-Vidya Scheme
For the successful implementation of the scheme, the government launched an online PM e VIDYA portal called Swayam Prabha, which is a group of 34 DTH channels. The channels telecast education-related programmes every day. Another portal known as DIKSHA was designed for school level education. It provides study material for each class according to the school curriculum. Other than that, several radio programmes, podcasts and community radio sessions were organized.
Some Important Information Regarding PM eVIDYA Program
- Top hundred universities will be permitted to start online classes from 30th May 2020
- The use of radio, community radio, and podcast for education is suggested by the finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- A special type of e-content will be provided for visually and hearing-impaired students
- There will be a single dedicated channel per class from class 1st to 12th which will be known as ‘one class, one channel’
- Diksha will be launched for States and union territories which will contain e-content and QR coded energized textbook for all grades it will be known as ‘one nation, one digital platform’
- Channel call Manodarpan will launch for mental health and emotional well-being student, teachers, and families
- A new national curriculum and pedagogical framework for school, early childhood, and teachers will be launched which is integrated with global and 21st-century skill requirements.
- National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission for ensuring that every child attains Learning levels and outcomes in grade 5 by 2020 will be launched by December 2020.
- Swayam Prabha DTH channel will launch for all classes so that the student who does not have access to the internet can study
- The experts will do live interactive sessions from home through skype
- It has made private DTH operators like Tata Sky and Airtel 2 year education video
- 200 new textbook will add o e-pathshala
Other Important eVIDYA Portals and Applications
- Rankguru eVIDYA – Rank guru eVIDYA is a learning app which makes learning fun through various contests, quizzes, videos, etc.
- eVIDYA Vahini – It is an integrated digital platform developed by the government of Jharkhand to provide e-learning facility to its students.
- eVIDYA – eVidya education, an online portal, is a personalized portal to help you crack your institutional and competitive examinations. It consists of various series of tests, contests, quizzes, worksheets, videos, study material, etc.
- eVIDYA Hub – It is an online learning platform in digital marketing, website designing, social media marketing and others.
- e-BIDYA KKHSOU– It is an integrated digital learning management system for the students of KKHSOU (Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University).
You can find many articles on EDUCATION (part of GS II) in our website. Go through these articles share with your friends and post your views in comment section.