As part of military diplomacy and to strengthen the growing strategic relations with Kazakhstan, the fifth edition of India-Kazakhstan Joint Training Exercise — KAZIND-21
- Prabal Dostyk is another joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan.
- It will be conducted at a training node in Aisha Bibi in Kazakhstan from August 30 to September 11, 2021
- The 13-day military exercise between the Indian and Kazakh armies will boost the bilateral relations between both countries.
- A total of 90 personnel from the Bihar Regiment of the Indian Army will participate in the joint exercise.
- KAZIND-21 will provide an opportunity to the Armed Forces of India and Kazakhstan to train for counter-insurgency/ counter-terrorism operations in mountainous, rural scenario under UN mandate.
- The scope of the joint exercise includes professional exchange, planning & execution of operation in counter-terrorism environment at sub-unit level and sharing expertise on skills at arms, combat shooting and experiences in counter-insurgency/ counter-terrorism operations.
- The exercise will culminate after a 48 hours long validation exercise which will involve a scenario of neutralization of terrorists in a semi-rural hideout.
- The exercise will strengthen mutual confidence, interoperability and enable sharing of best practices between the Armed Forces of India and Kazakhstan.
Why Indo-Kazakhstan Military Exercise Important?
- India and Kazakhstan have developed close collaboration in fighting religious terrorism and extremism.
- The KAZIND Exercise will promote regional security and also foster bilateral relations between the two nations.
- The joint exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation between the two countries and achieving interoperability between the two armies.
- Hybrid Warfare refers to the use of unconventional methods as part of a multi-domain warfighting approach that aims to disrupt and disable an opponent’s actions without engaging in open hostilities.
- Russia’s approach to Ukraine is an example of this form of warfare. It has involved a combination of activities, including disinformation, economic manipulation, use of proxies and insurgencies, diplomatic pressure and military actions.
LIST OF JOINT DEFENSE EXERCISES OF INDIA WITH DIFFERENT COUNTRIES
|India + XYZ
|AUSINDEX / KAKADU
|Hand in hand And Him Vijay
|IND-INDO CORPAT And Samudra Shakti
|Malabar (India, Japan and the USA), Sahyog-Kaijin
|Prabal Dostyk and KAZIND
|Nomadic Elephant / KHAN QUEST
|Surya Kiran (BIANNUAL)
|AL NAGAH (SUCCESS)
|Naseem Al Bahr
|Ex AGNI WARRIOR
|JOINT MILITARY TRAINING
|Ex BOLD KURUKHESTRA
|South Africa, Brazil
|Maitree / COBRA GOLD (Observer Plus)
|INDO-THAI CORPAT (Bi-annual)
|Ajeya Warrior / VAJRA PRAHAR
|YudhAbhyas/ Cope/ Tiger Triumph
|Malabar RIMPAC (Multilateral)
|ADMM+ Exercise (Multilateral)
|Za’ir-Al-Bahr (Roar of the Sea)
Other Important Exercise
|Exercise TSENTR 2019
|China, Tajikistan, India, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan