About Rapid Assessment System (RAS):
National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT, developed Rapid Assessment System (RAS) for online instant feedback for e-services (online as well as offline through counters) delivered by the Government of India and State Governments. The main objective of RAS is to continuously assess the quality of eServices, through feedback, under each e-Governance project and realign processes to achieve targeted benefits. RAS interface prompts the citizens to provide feedback about the quality of service immediately after the citizen avails an eService of the Government. The analytic features of RAS help integrated departments in system improvement and better delivery of services.
- Under the Covid Vaccination drive, the Government of India is using ‘Rapid Assessment System (RAS)’,
- a platform developed by Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) for taking feedback from those who get vaccinated.
- This initiative to utilize RAS platform is aimed at improving the vaccination experience for citizens, while ensuring that all norms are being followed during the vaccination process at all vaccination centres.
- This feedback system will help the Government to make the vaccination process more citizen-friendly.
- RAS platform has already sent out around 6.2 lakh SMSes to all those who have been vaccinated in a short span of 4 days.
The following process has been put in place to collect feedback on vaccination experience.
Registered mobile numbers and names of those vaccinated on a day are sent to RAS system by Co-WIN platform at midnight. RAS system prepares a unique URL for feedback questions and sends personalized SMSs to all beneficiary of that day. SMS contains the name of the person, dose (first/ second), and a unique URL.