Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Why in news?
PCRA launches month-long mass awareness campaign ‘SAKSHAM’ to spread awareness about ‘Green and Clean Energy’. Pan-India campaign will focus on adoption of cleaner fuels
- Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas today launched a month long campaign, highlighting the adverse health and environmental impacts of increasing carbon footprints.
- SAKSHAM’s idea is to convince consumers to switch to cleaner fuels and bring in behavioral change to use fossil fuel intelligently.
- The key drivers include moving towards a gas-based economy,
- Cleaner use of fossil fuels,
- Greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels,
- Achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines,
- Increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility,
- Increased use of cleaner fuels like Hydrogen, and digital innovation across all energy systems.
7 Key drivers for clean energy:
• Moving towards a gas-based economy
• Cleaner use of fossil fuels
• Reliance on the domestic sources to drive bio-fuels
• Increasing the use of electric vehicles to decarbonize the mobility
• Achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines
• Increase in the use of cleaner fuels like Hydrogen
• Digital Innovation across all the energy systems