Government of India has taken a number of steps to improve the quality standards of products manufactured under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. Some of these steps taken by the Government
Government has engaged with various e-Commerce platforms foron-boarding of small sellers of indigenous products and shared lists of sellers/ vendors with such platforms. Further, with an aim to increase visibility of such products, e-Commerce platforms have been engaged to provide separate search facility for such products and develop a storefront to showcase these products on their platforms.
Steps taken by the Government to improve Quality Standards of products
- Quality Control Orders (QCOs): For ensuring availability of quality products to consumers, Quality Control Orders (QCOs) are issued by various Ministries/Departments of Government of India in exercise of the powers conferred by section 16 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 stipulating conformity of the products to Indian Standards.
- Standard mark (ISI mark): BIS grants licence to manufacturers to use the Standard mark (ISI mark) on the product conforming to the relevant Indian Standards.
- Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme: To provide a major boost to manufacturing, the government has launched Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for 13 sectors with an outlay of Rs 1.97 lakh crore over the next five years.
- Public Procurement Order: In order to provide purchase preference to domestic manufacturers, Public procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order on Industrial Steam generators/ Boilers dated 29 September 2020 has been issued.
- Identification of focus sub- sectors: 24 focus sub- sectors have been identified under Make in India 2.0 to enhance competitiveness and exports of the manufacturing sector.
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) and Project Development Cells (PDCs): Government has set up Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) and Project Development Cells (PDCs) in Ministries/Departments to fast-track investments by coordination between the Central Government and State Governments
- UdyogManthan: First of its kind brain storming exercise to enhance productivity & quality in Indian industry to realize vision of an AatmaNirbhar Bharat for all major sectors of manufacturing and services
- Strengthening of IPR Regime: Infrastructure upgradation, digitisation of workflow in IP offices, manpower augmentation; Bolstering IP protection for MSMEs and Start-ups through dedicated schemes
- New definition of MSME:The definition of micro manufacturing and services unit increased to Rs. 1 crore of investment and Rs. 5 crore of turnover. The limit of small unit increased to Rs. 10 crore of investment and Rs 50 crore of turnover. Similarly, the limit of a medium unit increased to Rs 20 crore of investment and Rs. 100 crore of turnover.The limit for medium manufacturing and service units was further increased to Rs. 50 crore of investment and Rs. 250 crore of turnover. It has also been decided that the turnover with respect to exports will not be counted in the limits of turnover for any category of MSME units whether micro, small or medium.
Steps taken by the Government to uplift the Start-ups and promote the campaign ‘Vocal for Local’
- Compliance Regime based on Self-certification
- Startup India Hub
- Startup India Portal and Mobile App
4. Legal Support and Fast-tracking Patent Examination at Lower Costs
5. Relaxed Norms of Public Procurement for Startups
6. Faster Exit for Startups
7. Funding Support through a Fund of Funds
8. Credit Guarantee Fund for Startups
9. Tax Exemption on Capital Gains
10. Tax Exemption to Startups for 3 years
11. Tax Exemption on Investments above Fair Market Value
12. Organizing Startup Fests for Showcasing Innovation and Providing a Collaboration Platform
13. Launch of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) with Self-Employment and Talent Utilization (SETU) Program
14. Participation of States in Strengthening Startup Ecosystems
15. Grand Challenges
16. Encouraging Women Entrepreneurship
17. National Startup Awards
19. Seed Fund
20. Investment Support for startups (Priority Sector lending)