Indo-Uzbekistan Field Training Exercise ‘DUSTLIK ‘ commences in Ranikhet (Uttarakhand)
- The India – Uzbekistan joint military exercise “DUSTLIK II” commenced on 10th February 2021
- Conducted in Foreign Training Node Chaubatia, Ranikhet (Uttarakhand).
- This is the Second Edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both armies.
- It will continue till 19th March 2021.
- The first edition of the exercise was held at Uzbekistan in Nov 2019.
- 45 Soldiers each from Uzbekistan and Indian Army are participating in the exercise.
- Both contingents will be sharing their expertise and skills in the field of counter terrorist operations in mountainous/rural/urban scenario under UN mandate.
- The exercise will culminate into a 36 hours joint validation exercise scheduled from 17 to 18 March 21.
- The validation exercise will be a test bed for the soldiers of both armies as they would be undergoing the challenges of actual operations in such scenarios.
- This joint exercise will definitely provide impetus to the ever growing military and diplomatic ties between the two nations and also reflects the strong resolve of both nations to counter terrorism.