- Ministry of Power, Government of India, launched “Go Electric” Campaign on 19 February, 2021
- The objective of creating awareness among masses on benefits of adopting Electric Vehicles and Electric Cooking appliances such as Induction cook hobs, Electric pressure cooker etc.
- This initiative is intended to encourage consumers to switch over to Electric Vehicles and Electric Cooking in place of currently used conventional modes and appliances, thereby, reducing dependency of the country on imported fuel.
- The “Go Electric” Campaign is aimed at promoting adoption of Energy Efficient Electric Vehicles and Electric Cooking appliances and is expected to help the country to achieve energy transition as well as low carbon economic growth in the future.
- These technologies being energy efficient, are expected to scale down mobility and cooking related emissions, securing cleaner and greener future.
- The share of renewables in the energy mix is expected to increase due to integration of more renewable based power generation.
- Benefits of adopting these electricity based technologies shall be completely realized by enhancing share of renewables in the Grid.